Dania Home maintains a facility agreement for the provision of physician care and services which are monitored by our Medical Coordinator.
- Medical care as per the facility agreement
- Communicate with you and your healthcare team
- With your consent, keep your chosen family member / substitute decision maker informed of your health status or speak to your substitute decision maker to assist with treatment decisions
- Participate in regular care reviews
- Prescribe medications and treatments
- Review the effectiveness of your treatments
- Refer for diagnostic tests (Transfer to another facility will be required for certain tests and any x-rays. Transportation costs related to these tests are the responsibility of the resident/family.)
- Referral to consultants and other services as required
Your physician will make scheduled visits to Dania Home and you can speak to your Nurse should you wish to have a visit.
If you prefer to maintain your current community physician he / she will be required to sign a facility agreement and commit to a regular visiting schedule. Please discuss this with the nurse.